Basic Food Hygiene
EU Regulation 852/2004 Hygiene for Foodstuffs requires Food Businesses to make sure that any staff who handles food are supervised, instructed and trained in Food Hygiene in a way that is appropriate to the work they do.
This module is a self-study course (formerly known as Foundation or Basic Food Hygiene) and maps to Industry Standards.
Upon successful completion of this online training material you receive an accredited Level 1 Certificate in Food Safety Awareness.
On completion of this course learners should understand:
- Why food hygiene and safety is important
- Personal and legal responsibilities
- The impact of food borne illness
- How food becomes contaminated
- How to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices
- How to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- How to control food safety hazards at critical control points using a HACCP based Food Safety Management System
Approximately 2-3 hours to complete. As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages. The system will record your progress throughout.
To continue with your Level 1 Food Safety please click on ‘start course’ and follow the instructions. Your username and password will be issued by your Head of Department. Do not click on Level II Food Safety unless you have been asked to do so.