We are legally required by Fire Safety Regulations (The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005) to provide information, instruction and training to employees about fire precautions in the workplace. This online fire safety course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to act safely in the event of a fire in the workplace and will be supported by your head of department who will run follow up sessions on Fire Safety at regular intervals.
Fire is the biggest risk threat to life that most people face at work, with around 50 people being killed and over 2,000 seriously injured every year. In order to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace, it is vital that everyone is aware of the common causes of fire and the appropriate actions to take in the event of a fire, including how to escape safely from the scene.
We will provide:
- Safe means of escape-exit signs, fire doors, emergency lighting etc.
- Fire procedures training for all staff.
- Limits on the numbers of people allowed on the premises.
- Fire alarms.
- Fire fighting equipment.
- Know how to activate the alarm.
- Keep all fire escape routes clear for emergencies.
- Report any potential fire hazards.
- Watch out for faulty electrical equipment and wiring.
- Make sure fire extinguishers are not tampered with.
- Not allow waste paper or card to stack up.
- Never empty ashtrays into waste paper bins.
- Know how to use fire fighting equipment.
- Know how to evacuate the building.
Please click on the FIRE TRAINING heading to the right to begin.