Buckatree Hall History
The Hall is believed to have derived its name from stag hunting days when a buck was found here in the fork of a tree. It was rebuilt in the 1920’s by Sir John Bayley, the founder of Wrekin college.
In the 1930’s the Lander family, husband & wife, Offley & Muriel, along with their daughters, Rachel & Joan lived at the Hall as a private residence before moving to Sunnycroft in 1943. A selection of images from their time at the Buckatree are displayed in our gallery.
In the 1960’s the Hall was opened as Buckatree Hall Hotel and Country Club by John & Marjorie Wilson. The opening ceremony was a grand affair with the England and Wolves footballer Billy Wright C.B.E in attendance along with his wife Joy Beverley of the Beverley Sisters.
Buckatree Hall Hotel returned back to family ownership in September 2010 and has since been lovingly refurbished to today’s high standard.